2021 ACF Regional Meetings
These small-scale events will feature social and networking time as well as region-specific technical sessions offering continuing education credit.
October 7-8 | Gulf & Southern Regional Meeting in Huntsville, Alabama
October 14-15 | Northern Regional Meeting in Erie, Pennsylvania
October 17-18 | Western Regional Meeting in Boise, Idaho
Event attendance is not limited to members within a region, all are welcome to attend any of the regional events! Program Development Committees have been hard at work in each region to ensure the meetings feature topics of most interest to members.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Click on the appropriate meeting tab below and then scroll down to view the official meeting schedule, hotel and travel information, and registration.
No content found
Click here to download the 2021 Northern Regional Meeting Flyer.
Hotel and Travel Information
Saturday, October 16th
8:00am-12:00pm | Optional Post-Meeting Field Tour: Consulting Forestry in Pennsylvania's Northwest Corner
This tour will feature visits to properties managed by Mark R. Webb, ACF. Mark's company offers forest management services for both private and industrial clients. Services include complete timber sale management, appraisals and inventories, erosion and sedimentation control plans, forest stewardship plans, and American Tree Farm inspections. His company's work has been featured in Forbes Magazine and the Case Study for Sustainable Forestry by the MacArthur Foundation. Transportation and continental breakfast are included.
2021 Northern Regional Meeting Program
Thursday, October 14th
5:30pm-6:30pm | Welcome Back Reception
Dinner on your own
Friday, October 15th
7:30am-8:30am | Breakfast
8:30am-11:30am | Technical Session Part 1 - Forest Carbon Opportunities for Small Landowners Featuring:
• Voluntary Carbon Market Opportunities, presented by Matt Smith, ACF, CF, Vice President of Forest Operations at Finite Carbon
• An Introduction to the Family Forest Carbon Program, presented by Sarah Hall-Bagdonas, Landowner Assistance Manager, Family Forest Carbon Program, American Forest Foundation
• NCX: A Forest Carbon Program For All Landowners, presented by Alex Macintosh, Director of Landowner Success, Natural Capital Exchange (NCX)
11:30am-12:30pm | Technical Session Part 2
• Legacy and Estate Planning for the Woodland Owner, presented by Thomas C. Hoffman, II, Shareholder & Attorney, Knox McLaughlin Gornall & Sennett, P.C.
12:30pm-1:45pm | Lunch
1:45pm-3:00pm | Technical Session Part 3
• Perspectives on Consulting Forestry Employee Recruitment and Retention: A Panel Discussion featuring Richard (Carbo) G. Carbonetti, ACF, CF, Senior Advisor Timberland LandVest, Inc.; Gerald Grossman, ACF, President, Grossman Forestry Company; and John D Saf, ACF, Vice-President, Generations Forestry, Inc. Consulting Foresters; and moderated by Jeff Hutchinson, ACF, President, Summit Forestry Group, Inc.
3:00pm-5:00pm | Technical Session Part 4 - Wildlife Conservation Organization Updates for Consulting Foresters Including:
• Ruffed Grouse Society/American Woodcock Society and ACF, The Pennsylvania Perspective
• National Deer Association, presented Lauren Varner, Chief Development Officer, National Deer Association
• National Wild Turkey Federation, Kristen Schnepp-Giger, Wildlife Biologist, National Wild Turkey Federation
6:00pm-8:00pm | Closing Reception & Dinner
Hotel and Travel Information
Located on the southern shore of its namesake lake, Erie is the Flagship City and Pennsylvania's primary access point to the Great Lakes. Originally an industrial town, Erie has experienced growth and progress without losing its small town charm.
Situated just seven miles from the airport and minutes from downtown on the Presque Isle Bay in the heart of Erie’s Bayfront Marina District, enjoy picture-perfect waterfront views and complimentary parking at the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, the meeting venue.
A discounted rate of $149 is available for Regional Meeting attendees.
Reservations must be made by Thursday, September 16th.
Reserve online by visiting https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1624558402625&key=GRP
Alternatively, reservations can be made directly with Marriott reservations by phone at (814) 454-2005.
Reference ACF Northern Region Meeting.
Erie, Pennsylvania - 14 minutes | Car Rental Information
Please login to register. If you are an ACF member, you already have an account, please do not create a new one. If you don't know your account credentials, call 703-548-0990 or email [email protected]
NOTE: Your registration is not complete until you click "Submit Order" on the screen that appears after clicking "Proceed to Checkout." You will receive a confirmation email immediately upon successfully registering.